Sunday, March 2, 2014

Life Lately

Lately, a lot of things have crossed my mind. I've put a lot more energy and time into considering things that interest me and that are truly important. In doing this, I've deleted the twitter app from my phone, gotten coffee with old friends, began new relationships, ended those relationships, started new ones, etc.


A lesson I've learned is simply that everything changes. Days get shorter, nights get longer; seasons change; people enter and leave your life. Yet, all of it has a great universal purpose and I believe that firmly. I refuse to let the idea pass that, "some things just happen." Every person who has ever come into your life has had an effect on you, whether massive or minute.

Another lesson I've become very familiar with is that time is a very finite thing. One day, we're all going to wake up and it will be May 24, 2014 and it will be the end of a four year chapter in all of our lives. Personally, I had an amazing high school experience and it was filled with very good people who taught me a great deal about myself as well as the world. I am very excited to have experiences outside of high school and begin a new chapter of my life.

I've spent a lot of time doing personal writing in the form of poetry, the beginning works of a novel, and other outlets recently, as well. I'll post some of that here soon.

"When I was seventeen, my mother said to me, 'don't stop imagining: the day that you do is the day that you die'" - Youth Lagoon, 17, The Year of Hibernation

P.s. The album quoted above is phenomenal and I recommend it exuberantly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment